Senior Software Engineer - Networks at Squarespace
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams are looking for experienced and passionate infrastructure engineers to help in ensuring that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, and that all of the features work. We work together with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our features that are backed by a fleet of microservices, with the infrastructure teams to grow our current data centers and build new ones, with the data teams to tackle challenging “big data” issues, and the security teams to keep a close eye on the latest vulnerabilities and protect our product, infrastructure and networks.
This position will report to the engineering manager.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Keep production network running with an emphasis on scalable automation and telemetry
- Design and build a critical component of the Squarespace networking stack
- Implement innovative ways to monitor and measure performance, with an eye towards self-healing automation opportunities
- Design load balancing software to optimize traffic flow between and within data centers
- Define and develop optimized network monitoring systems
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- You will participate in an on-call rotation
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in one of the following languages: Python, C++, Go
- Both high and low level understanding of Linux systems and networking stack
- Experience with automation frameworks (Ansible preferred)
- Knowledge of how Inter-Domain IP routing works as well as the application of anycast to load-balancing and high availability
- Knowledge of network engineering enough to translate needs to products and solutions
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.