We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Coinbase Infrastructure team is looking for their first team of dedicated Senior and Staff Network Engineers to build the next generation of the Coinbase network fabric and will support multi-region, multi-cloud, and complex counterparty interconnectivity and create a solid foundation to run the entire Coinbase infrastructure unlocking advanced network infrastructure required for exchanges and institutional prime brokerage.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Architect, design, deploy, document and manage our Cloud-based network infrastructure. This includes all ingress and egress, both internal and external. Learn and continue to foster an understanding of the long-term needs of our infrastructure.
- Implement customer-focused abstractions that simplify and standardize the way we offer our cloud services, topologies and implementations.
- Lead and defend technical decisions providing design justification, coordination, and identifying value and requirements for other teams in the organization. Communicate to gather requirements and evangelize the Cloud offerings, and to understand gaps and improvements.
- Produce professional documentation and diagrams to clearly and concisely communicate concepts and architectures to infrastructure colleagues, in addition to our users.
- Coding IP tables and software defined networking
- Manage and assist in the resolution of complicated technical problems and incidents, provide appropriate communication and escalation. Understand how to engage with other engineers where necessary.
- Support and maintain our current infrastructure offerings to maintain a high level of service and availability to the rest of the organization.
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with the rest of the Infrastructure organization, Security, IT, business partners, stakeholders and vendors
- Keep up to date with current developments and best practices within our domain and make bold and forward-looking recommendations.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- At least 6+ years software engineering experience in industry
- Exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- Know what high quality code — and software engineering processes — look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them.
- Showcase strong proficiency within a modern tech stack. We typically use a mix of Ruby, Go for languages and gRPC + Protobuf for communication. Use these before? Great. If not, that’s okay too. Our focus is hiring smart engineers who’ve worked on complex problems and we trust you’ll be able to pick up new tech on the job.
- Showcase proficiency or a desire to learn low-level primitives such as IP converged networks, AWS VPC, Transit Gateway, Direct connect, IAM role management and implementation
- Built systems on public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Have an insatiable curiosity and zest for learning from, and sharing with others.
- Flexibility to adapt and pivot in a dynamic and demanding environment where change is the only constant. Ability to set priorities and balance multiple deadlines.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $175,100 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.