Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Device Management at H-E-B (San Antonio, TX)
Since 2015 H-E-B Digital has been investing heavily in our customers' digital experience, innovating our technology stack that supports our brick & mortar business and supply chain operations, reinventing how customers find inspiration from food, and how we ultimately help customers leverage amazing technology getting food into their homes. This is an exciting time to join H-E-B Digital, and we're hiring across the stack of our challenging distributed systems. Our digital solutions are growing in popularity and adoption-from manufacturing and supply chain, all the way to Curbside and Home Delivery-so you'll get the opportunity to help ensure a high-quality experience for our Partners and customers. If you're someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
Our Partners thrive The H-E-B Way. In the Mobile Device Management Software Engineer job, that means you have a...
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you have a passion for person-to-person interactions that build credibility on your promise to deliver, and you continuously adjust your approach to deliver a consistent message;
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... you are collaborative when faced with decisions, always evaluating the impact to make effective and timely choices;
PASSION FOR RESULTS... the willingness to take action and iterate through failure to achieve improved outcomes.
What you'll do at HEB:
Our Mobile Device Management team is seeking a Software Engineer to help grow and evolve our foundational technology stack. This team is responsible for enabling Digital to implement policies that secure, monitor, and manage end-user mobile devices that support many different functions across H-E-B that include Curbside, Store/Warehouse Operations, and BYOD use cases.
- Communicate with end users, gather requirements, code/configure, maintain, test, and debug configurations for new and existing MDM use cases of basic to medium complexity.
- Work with end users to identify the correct solutions based on their business requirements.
- Support the Workspace ONE UEM platform and associated technologies in addition to participating in the team on-call rotation.
- Manage timelines and technical documentation.
- Automate repetitive tasks and integrate systems/components by leveraging API's to gain efficiencies.
- Perform disaster recovery testing on supported systems.
- Deliver training classes that teach end users how to better leverage our MDM tools and self-serve.
- Maintain a high level of support and follow through while meeting our SLA's and OLA's.
- Complete project tasks on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Train and mentor junior level resources.