Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so people can get back to living and doing their best work.
The heart of Dropbox is engineering; the heart of our engineering team are our Senior Engineers, who set the tone and pace of engineering at Dropbox. Senior Engineers work at a cross-team or cross-engineering scope, driving impact felt by hundreds of Dropboxers and millions of customers. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute in a multitude of ways, from architecting phenomenal systems, creating and encouraging good software development practices, driving strategic technical improvements, and mentoring other engineers.
Dropbox is a unique opportunity to work with best-in-class engineers on very large engineering problems, but in an environment with small teams and abundant opportunities for personal impact and growth.
- You will ensure your team delivers extraordinary output
- You will continuously seek ways to make a substantial impact
- You will set direction for the team and help guide engineering vision
- You will architect important systems and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You will mentor engineers, both junior and senior
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Dropbox
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience
- Proven track record of senior technical leadership at a company with a strong engineering culture
- Experience setting technical strategy for a large or important company initiative
- Strong knowledge of shipping impactful and complex software projects
- Ability to set technical and cultural standards for engineers