Senior Software Engineer - Kubeflow/MLOps (Python/Kubernetes) at Canonical (Madison, WI)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, Kubernetes, and MLOps. Build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, the growing international software company behind Ubuntu.
In this role, you'll be building Charmed Kubeflow - an MLOps product suite composed of open source Python operators orchestrated by Juju. Your work will bring Kubeflow to a wide range of users and compute platforms - from embedded devices to public cloud environments and GPU-accelerated bare-metal.
This role requires a skilled Python software developer with solid Kubernetes experience. You'll need to be driven by the idea of writing Charmed Operators. Charmed Operators are defined as software that automates the provisioning of infrastructure, deployment and configuration of software, and onward operation of that software from Day 0 through to Day 2 and beyond. You'll help develop, test and publish software that brings best-in-class MLOps tooling to a wide variety of public and private backing clouds.
You will gain experience with numerous AI/ML technologies and real world use cases, providing tight integrations with the broader Canonical Data Platform. Canonical is a technology agnostic cloud leader, incorporating solutions to provide the best machine learning experience available to the widest possible audience. You’ll be working with upstream projects to select and deliver the right combination of open source software, providing a seamless experience from initial deployment to day-2 operations.What you’ll do
- Collaborate proactively with a globally distributed team
- Write, test and document high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and interact with a vibrant community
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Attend Industry conferences like Kubecon representing Kubeflow
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You are a skilled Python developer, ideally with open source development experience
- You have proven, hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- You have an interest in AI/ML and it's application to data analytics
- You have experience with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.