Senior Software Engineer (iOS) at Lunchbox Technologies
What We Are
We’re a collection of enterprise solutions that redefine the digital restaurant experience. You might find us a little biased, but not in this category; we’re committed and unwavering to our mission and initiatives — all day and everyday. You can’t put us in a box because we’re the whole package. We’re an exceedingly savvy team of tech and food enthusiasts. We help build out performance tools to drive guests to restaurants — and only restaurants!
Lunchbox is for restaurateurs, by restaurateurs, and we’re shouting that from the rooftops! We’re led by food people who care. Our team has won some fun culture awards and you can find us in the press. We regularly launch stuff that helps the industry and we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and get dirty.
What You’ll Do
- Develop scalable, robust, and rich iOS app solutions to solve complex business problems
- Take ownership of features and drive them from development to production
- Help optimize legacy code for improved performance and maintainability
- Maintain a high degree of engagement, productivity, and code quality
- Foster a collaborative culture and inclusive work environment
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of professional work experience with iOS App Development in Swift and/or Objective-C
- 2+ years of experience providing technical thought leadership to junior iOS engineers
- Proficiency in UIKit, UserNotifications, and CoreData.
- Proficiency in Protocol-Oriented and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Proficiency in Unit Testing.
- Familiarity with multiple design patterns, such as MVC, MVVM, and Coordinator Pattern, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Familiarity with the App Store Review Guidelines.
- Understanding of release-ready practices, TestFlight, and App Store publishing.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway!
- We provide learning and development opportunities to help you grow and thrive at Lunchbox.
- Diversity comes from the top. We’re a team of all-ages BIPOC & working parents.
- We host fun and social virtual events (like book club meetings, team happy hours, and company-wide talent shows) that help you stay connected with the entire team.
- The opportunity to work with a welcoming and collaborative team of industry disruptors!
- We raised the largest Series A in FoodTech ($22 million) and most recently raised a $50 million Series B, led by Coatue.
Some Awesome Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, and vision).
- Online mental health therapy — we make wellness a priority!
- Unlimited PTO from day one and paid leave for all new parents.
- A WFH stipend, monthly wellness allowance, and amazing Lunchbox merchandise.
- The coolest perk ever — we’ll pay for any food-related tattoo!
Lunchbox’s biggest asset is our people. We work to shape an equitable and inclusive culture that amplifies voices, fuels performance and collaboration, and fosters a sense of trust and belonging for all. We know that, similar to the restaurant industry that we serve, different views and experiences are advantages, and help us drive better business. We strive for the awareness, education, celebration, and recognition of not only our people but for diversity, inclusion, and equity across our organization.
Lunchbox is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This means, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.