BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize the potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You'll have the opportunity to build extraordinary applications that are massive, scalable, and highly available.A critical component of our technology offering revolves around customer onboarding. As a leader in our onboarding and data migration infrastructure, you will be responsible for designing and building the core services to help our customers efficiently transition to our platform and provide them seamless business continuity at scale. You'll have a direct impact on the product roadmap, regularly collaborating with the Infrastructure and Product teams to architect the best solutions, not the easiest. We pride ourselves on using the best technology for the job, maintaining high code quality while iterating with extreme speed, and sharing learnings along the way (both internally and externally).
What you’ll do here
- Learn the nuances of customer onboarding and data migrations to get customers up and running quickly and efficiently
- Collaborate with an extraordinarily talented team of designers, product, and engineers to implement systems to deliver a delightful onboarding experience
- Design and develop software interfaces, services, data processing pipelines, internal tooling, and system abstractions to allow our teams to move quickly & efficiently and optimize the way onboarding is performed
- Build & implement a robust, fault-tolerant, and self-service driven onboarding experience
- Build scalable and reliable solutions for concurrent, data intensive migrations
- Optimize, measure and monitor systems to make data-driven decisions
What you’ll need to thrive
- Experience: 7+ years of experience designing and building distributed systems at scale. At least 2 years of functional programming experience as an engineer (Must have experience with functional languages like Elixir or Erlang)
- CS Foundations: Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- Database Expert: Complicated SQL statements roll off your fingertips with ease. Knowledge about PostgreSQL performance metrics and improvements are your superpower
- Building Solutions: Desire to shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved
- Mentor and Mentee: Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn. Mentors other team members through instilling best practices, pair programming, quality code reviews, and documentation. Teach to fish vs. feed.
- Timely: Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- BONUS POINTS for experience building scalable DB architectures | Experience bulk importing records into a PostgreSQL DB efficiently | Experience building, monitoring, and improving on distributed systems | Experience using Docker, shell scripting, and Linux to work with containerized data migrations | You maintain or contribute to an open source project
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with the Customer Onboarding team and with key stakeholders across the company
- Learn and understand the current engineering workflow
- Learn and understand the core business objectives and areas for improvement
- Become familiar with the Customer Onboarding roadmap
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Suggest best practices and improvements for Customer Onboarding infrastructure and processing
- Help develop a plan on how to build a scalable solution for large data migrations and validations efficiently
- Design and develop software interfaces, microservices, and/or system abstractions to allow our teams to move quickly & efficiently and optimize the way customer onboarding is performed.
- Be able to independently field requests and organize process for customer onboarding, prioritizing requests
- Fully understand your contributions to the Customer Onboarding roadmap
After 6 months you’ll...
- Implement suggested improvements and best practices
- Be a key part of a growing team with potential leadership opportunities
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address enterprise client needs and expand our market share internationally or to other markets
- Expand your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people, you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our flexible vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority, so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) matching option.
Work from home stipend every month.
Family planning resources and specialized support programs.
Boulevard Bucks Learning & Development program allows employees to explore businesses in the market we serve.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, says about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.