It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.About the Position
You will know at least one of these ecosystems and one or two others to a deep level. You should be familiar with various AWS cloud services such as EC2, EKS, MSK, RDS, Lambda. Experience with automation tools (such as terraform, cloudformation) and CI/CD processes is a must.
The identity and access team provides solutions to on-board and authenticate users of the Whispir platform and manage their accounts, usage and billing. Our distributed microservices are designed to be resilient and scalable, while leveraging modern technologies such as Auth0 and a large number of AWS services.
As Senior Software Engineer in Whispir you will be working in one of our Agile development teams:
- Contribute to work breakdown, design, evaluation, planning and estimating product features
- Contribute to continuous improvement of practices and solutions
- Be an advocate for best practices and adoption of new technologies
- Support the other members of the team on achieving team goals
- Take on challenging and complex coding tasks
- Contribute to all agile cadences of the team such as planning sessions and retrospectives
- Work within your development plan to build and extend your technical and non-technical skills
- Provide after-hours support as part of our application teams weekly support roster when required
Within these responsibilities, the three promises for the Senior Full Stack Engineer role are:
- Delivery of high quality code that solves complex problems and/or sets the framework for further development.
- All tasks for the team are well-defined and correspond with a well-designed solution architecture.
- Junior members of the team are supported in their every day work and further development.
Do you have a passion for building solutions that make a positive difference? We are looking for Software Engineers who are as excited about working in technology as we are.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Great knowledge of software design and architecture
- Ability to explain, discuss and document complex technical concepts
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with CI/CD
- Some experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Some experience with AWS and Server-less Architectures
- Some experience with driving for technical excellence and improvements
- Extensive experience working in agile teams
- Experience with coaching and mentoring other developers
- Knowledge of Node.js and TypeScript key skills
Product Engineering at Whispir is committed to building the best customer experiences. Together we define clear goals and boundaries for your team, so that you can become more effective and efficient. We support you to make decisions quickly and keep moving forwards. We understand we don’t get everything right, but we measure, error-correct, and evolve through incremental improvements. We want to enable autonomy and trust in (and between) our teams - you are the expert! We measure our impact, so we can understand how much value we're adding.
We value collaboration over competition and compassion over judgement. We believe that good culture requires good leadership and for this position we are looking for leaders who live our values. We should enjoy coming to work every day and extend that opportunity to our coworkers.
Why We Think You Will Love Working at Whispir:
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Volunteer and engage with community paid leave
- Ongoing monthly WFH allowance
- Women of Whispir program to connect senior female leaders with women across the company to promote connection, networking and mentoring opportunities
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180: Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
We still want to hear from you, even if you don’t meet all of the above requirements. If you’re ready to change the way our world communicates, Apply Now!
Whispir places a high value on inclusion. Those from under represented communities are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is definitely not limited to, people with a lived-experience of mental ill health, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
We take our core values seriously and work hard to create an environment where you feel welcomed. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background help us to create a healthy & inclusive working culture
If this has resonated with you, we look forward to hearing from you soon!