Senior Software Engineer - Growth at Zenefits (Phoenix, AZ)
At Zenefits, our mission is to level the playing field for the other 99.7%— the underserved small and mid-size businesses that fuel our economy. These businesses face challenges disproportionate to their size and resources. That’s why we provide an intuitive, mobile, all-in-one People Operations ("POPs") platform specifically built for small businesses and their employees.
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building our People Operations platform, which requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as engineering, product management, design, as well as customer facing operations and support teams.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Product Lead Growth team you’ll have the opportunity to have a massive impact maximizing value for new and existing Zenefits customers through fast paced experimentation and iteration across the platform.
From optimizing our signup flow, to building an in app trial experience, to reimaging how existing customers can get the most out of Zenefits, the Product Lead Growth team tackles exciting technology and business challenges in driving our platform forward.
What you'll do:
- Solve complex technical challenges in order to quickly iterate on experiments that test hypotheses on what maximizes value for our customers
- Own experiments from conception to deployment through data analysis, design, implementation and analyzing results
- Work on highly collaborative cross functional teams leveraging the unique perspectives of your teammates to ideate and prioritized
- Get to know our customers to better understand what problems are most important to solve in our experiments
- Ensure testing coverage, sufficient documentation, timely delivery and proper maintenance of final product
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience working across the entire stack
- Experience working with one or more modern server-side programming languages (Python, Node.js, Ruby etc.)
- Experience working on architectures involving one or more of the following concepts and their implementation: XML/JSON message processing, REST API, GraphQL, Object Relational Mapping, asynchronous web services and distributed message queues
- Growth mindset - motivated by experimentation, moving metrics and delivering an outstanding user experience
- Experience working on scalable architecture which can handle high volumes of data required for build out of our cloud based platform
- Experience writing tests for written code (unit tests, regression tests, integration tests etc.)
- Quick learner and keen to learn new tools, languages and technologies
- Must either have authorization/permit to work in Canada or the United States for any employer and not require sponsorship
- Professional experience working with Django, React or Ember.js is preferred
- Data analysis experience is preferred
- Prior startup or growth experience preferred.
What we offer:
- Ability to work remote and collaborate with a team that spans borders and timezones
- Competitive, market-based pay, based on your experience, abilities, impact, and geographic region - just ask us the range for your location
- Solid benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and more for our US employees and a comprehensive ancillary package for our Canadian employees
- Generous time off including holidays, vacation, sick, civic, and volunteering time off
- The opportunity to build solutions that help drive small business success stories
Life at Zenefits:
As an equal opportunity employer, we’re leveling the playing field for everyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and champion an inclusive workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, how you think, or what you believe, all are encouraged to apply.