ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
Are you excited about coding solutions, building features, and driving efficiency while working with an exceptional team? At ezCater we rely on our dynamic and skilled team of engineers to provide solutions that unlock potential and drive innovation in our rapidly evolving environment.
As we expand our team we’re seeking engineers that thrive in a forward-thinking organization and are passionate about building new products while committing quality code and deconstructing complexities. We are looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering value and impact across our business.
We are growing our technology organization with an eye towards driving direct impact from our decade of catering data. The Growth Platform squad is a full-stack data team focused on connecting data and insights from our warehouse and data science models directly into both 1st and 3rd-party upstream systems. This team owns the full data lifecycle including modeling data in the ETL, implementing data quality and observability metrics, and building services to connect the data to wherever it needs to go, whether it be a marketing automation system or internal product use case. This is a super unique opportunity for anyone interested in working at the intersection of data, technology, and business operations, and a great chance to learn about how data directly drives business outcomes.
- Join a team that is focused on delighting our customers, executing the organization's mission, and propelling our business forward
- Build products utilizing a modern technology stack including Python, Snowflake, DBT, Airflow, Ruby on Rails, React, GraphQL, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Contribute to performance improvements and efficiencies - we believe speed is a feature and core skill
- Respond to customer and business requests by evolving our existing products and identifying areas that would benefit from new initiatives
- Decompose problems, design technical solutions and work with other talented engineers to implement, test, and evaluate your team’s work
- Communicate with product managers, stakeholders and other engineering teams to gain clarity of the mission, and advise on the technical direction
- Improve our user experience by increasing the capability and efficiency of our systems and products; based on research, data and metrics
- Operate with scale and speed embracing new challenges and contributing to the development lifecycle
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people
- Several years of professional web development experience, ideally using Ruby on Rails or a similar MVC framework
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, Python, Airflow, DBT, or other data infrastructure products. Postgres and Snowflake experience? Even better
- Experience with real-time, high-volume data ingestion, or event-based data pipelines a plus
- Flexible growth mindset, you’re willing to do what it takes to adapt
- An appetite for learning, experimentation, relentless curiosity and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better
- A thirst for personal and professional growth
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition
Starting Salary Range: $140,000 - $184,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.