Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the role:
As a Senior Go Engineer on the Buy+Finance team, you will design and develop platforms, services and tools to tackle a variety of challenges related to helping customers finance their home purchase. The B+F team owns the systems that assists users through the loan pre-approval process and all the way through financing their purchase. We’re taking a futuristic approach to financing that is so much more than mortgage origination, giving our buyers superpowers like being able to buy before they sell or to beat out the competition by using Opendoor’s cash.
You will collaborate with research, business, design, operations and finance teams to understand requirements, build prototypes, invent new features and deliver highly scalable services and products for external and internal customers. We are looking for engineers with proven ability to deliver results, a passion to learn, and expertise in service oriented architectures, distributed systems, algorithms, databases, and analytics.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to all phases of software development including ideation, prototyping, design and production
- Building products, tools and services from scratch, as well as evolving existing systems
- Applying your technical expertise to guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic design decisions
- Influencing the technology and architectural roadmap of the engineering teams
- Playing an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers
We're looking for teammates who have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 4+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent coding skills, strong debugging skills and knowledge of computer architectures, operating systems and algorithms
- Depth and breadth in multiple technologies ranging from backend services to databases to analytical frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and proven track record of using metrics to drive decisions
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to sophisticated problems
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description