ActionIQ is a Customer Data Platform (CDP) built to help modern marketers transform customer experiences by giving them access to 100% of their detailed customer behavior data. That access, combined with the ability to orchestrate cross-channel campaigns and measure incremental lift across all digital and offline channels, helps brands such as The New York Times, Michael Kors, Morgan Stanley, Pandora Media and others drive innovation and profitability. We are backed by top investors: Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark, and Sequoia Capital.
About the Role
ActionIQ is looking for a product-focused Fullstack Software Engineer to join our team, building an application which bridges the gap between our customers and their data. Our customers spend hours a day using ActionIQ -- you should be excited about not only building an incredibly useful product, but a delightful and engaging one as well.
As a member of the team, you will play a cornerstone role throughout the life of a project. You will engage in ideation and brainstorming, collaborate on design requirements and product decisions, and establish milestones for the team to deliver on. We strive for quick development iterations to continuously gather feedback, as well as remain flexible to handle unforeseen edge cases. Once delivered, effective automated tests and just the right amount of telemetry data will ensure the feature is functioning as planned, so you can sit back, measure product success, and incorporate your learnings into the next one.
In addition to product development, you will also help with:
- Designing and implementing our Style Guide of reusable components to make UI development a breeze. Components are APIs, how do you build them with proper abstraction and control principles?
- Standardize and refine our HTTP APIs. How REST-y is too REST-y? Do you have a favorite set of APIs for inspiration? Or a great example of what not to do?
- We’re always looking for ways to improve our testing strategy. What is the ideal combination of unit and functional tests to enable developer productivity while also preventing bugs?
As for the technical rundown, we use React and TypeScript on the frontend, and Scala with Thrift on the server-side. MySQL is our primary datastore, Spark and Kafka power our big data and streaming features, and we run nearly everything on AWS.
In one year you will have:
- Worked closely with others to design, build, and deliver impactful features
- Learned to build and operate software in a distributed microservices environment
- Become highly proficient in the Scala and TypeScript programming languages and AWS
- Enjoyed many Thursday lunches around NYC with coworkers from across the company
- 5+ years of experience in a product-focused engineering role, either frontend or API-side (or both!)
- Experience with modern web-server frameworks, such as Express, Rails, Flask, Django, or Play
- Experience with React, Angular, or other modern web UI frameworks
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience mentoring junior engineers or interns
- You care about a culture of constant learning and improvement for yourself and your peers
Our work is broad and complex in nature - please don't rule yourself out if you do not meet every requirement.
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company!
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital)
- Top notch health insurance benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave for both parents.
- We have officially opened a beautiful new office right on Madison Square Park! All NYC-based employees currently have the option to return to the office 3 days per week on an “opt-in” basis. We plan to officially reopen our office in the beginning of 2022.
- Check out this blog post here to learn how we designed our return to work plans.
- Work from Home stipend to optimize office set up
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth.