Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack at SoFi (Salt Lake City, UT)
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Web Member Experience team. You will work with other high performing engineers, contributing to and delivering key features to the Member Home Platform. Your work will have a measurable impact on millions of visitors and members of SoFi, and help people get their money right.
What you’ll do:
- Work on React-based web applications with a cross-functional team.
- Develop testable and accessible web applications.
- Work with designers to identify and solve potential implementation issues.
- Generate, enhance, and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
- Deliver and operate highly available and scalable services in a production environment.
- Communicate with project leads, product managers, and other software developers on multiple projects.
- Senior Software Engineer (Web):
- Define new product/technical architectures across one or several features of products.
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help the team grow.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred, but not required.
- 4+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Our core stack is Java/ Kotlin/ Spring / PostgreSQL/ React, and we run on Kubernetes in a service oriented architecture with over 100 services in production
- 2+ years Java, Kotlin or Scala programming experience
- A proven understanding of relational databases and ORMs
- Experience working on a SOA or microservice-based application.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Solid sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
Nice to have:
- Interest in personal finance
- Experience managing your own investments or experience taking out loans
- Experience scaling highly available, mission critical systems
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program