Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack at Kinship
WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. Why? Because our pets make us better humans, and we owe them the best possible care. As the premier partner to a new generation of pet parents, we use our data, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be. And we unite changemakers in pet care to break down barriers, open new doors, share insights, and advance our collective knowledge. All so we can reimagine the pet parenting experience, up people’s confidence, and help the world find better ways to care.
Kinship is a coalition that includes:
- Adopt-a-Pet, the destination for finding homes for homeless pets; we help animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies connect their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month
- Our world-leading Wisdom Panel™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs
- The award-winning Whistle™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor
- Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights
- VETINSIGHT™ which gives modern pet parents the veterinary and wellness guidance needed to make smarter, more informed health decision for their pets.
- The Wildest, the destination that helps pet parents keep their cool in the wild world of pet parenting
- GoodFriend, our recently-launched marketplace for all your pet’s people
- PetStory, our platform that curates top services for pet parents in Russia
- FluffyGo, the mobile-first platform is a one-stop solution for science-minded pet parents in China
- LEAP VENTURE STUDIO, our accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents
Together, these teams and more work to set new standards in pet care. And, as a part of Mars Petcare, they work to create a better world for pets. Learn more at www.kinship.co.
The Wildest is a site designed to help pet parents keep their cool. It’s the destination for people with pets, with free tools and fun editorial content. On The Wildest, you’ll find free training, breed-specific tips, tailored to-do lists, product reviews, articles on pet culture, expert advice, 24/7 access to vet pros, and the occasional cat astrology article. Basically, we've got everything you need to ace it for your animal, whether you’re new to pet parenting or a zoologist in the making.
We are the department that creates user experiences and tools to improve the lives of pets. Our teams consist of engineers focusing on front-end, back-end, and QA. Creating the best possible products using data-driven decision making, to essentially be a window into the Kinship ecosystem, working lockstep with our other departments including Product, Data & Analytics, Growth, Marketing, and HW.
HOW YOU’LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer on this Kinship Engineering team, you’ll collaborate with other engineers, including offshore and in-house to create the best customer experience possible. This role is a key position to accomplish functions such as:
- Integrations with other Kinship technologies
- Staying up to date with the latest libraries and frameworks
- Maintaining high quality in both code and customer experience
- Assisting engineers and representation of the back-end status
- Working with the product team and aligning on schedules and roadmap
- Working closely with the QA team to assure comprehensive testing
- Working with the Data & Analytics team as well as within OneKinship team to make sure we’re as data-driven as possible
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All.
- You Have Courage: a willingness to bring forth a new idea, engaging others across Kinship to support you, and taking risks and action will full accountability
- You Learn at Pace: a consistent and fast work ethic to meet growth goals, and the ability to evolve and pivot quickly from what you’ve learned
- You Value Difference: a genuine belief in inclusion and diversity is in your DNA, and it shows up in your work, and how you work.
- Experience with SSG (gatsby, nextJS)
- Comfortable or Fluent in Typescript, ReactJS, Redux
- Experience in building scalable platforms using NodeJS, SQL/NoSQL, headless CMS
- Hands on experience with AWS, GCP, Azure or comparable public cloud
- Good understanding of modern CI/CD solutions
- Understanding of end-to-end deployment architecture including experience with CDNs, networking, distributed systems that yields high availability
- Comfortable with open source technologies and ability to configure/tweak them for scale
- Experience in building APIs, including best practices, especially for NodeJS
- Comfortable with modern web debugging tools
- Propensity toward assisting and/or mentoring less experienced team members
- Hands on experience building high scale micro-services
- Good understanding of modern cloud friendly devops tools, terraform, Infrastructure as Code
- Good understanding of architectural tradeoffs optimized for scale and throughput
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship