Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack at Charlie Health (Remote)
Young people across the country need our help. The sad reality is that a mental health crisis has taken hold of our most vulnerable population—leading to record levels of depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and self-harm. From Manhattan to Montana, this reality is compounded by issues of access, both geographic and financial. The mental health landscape is systemically broken, and our young people are suffering as a result.
Charlie Health has set out on a mission to reimagine how high acuity care is delivered to young people—particularly those in rural populations. Our initial offering is a virtual intensive outpatient program (vIOP), which connects like-minded virtual groups with therapists that specialize in their specific mental health needs.
Our goal is to help young people and families heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way. Join us in our mission to ensure that every young person—regardless of location or socioeconomic status—can get the care that they deserve.
As an early member of Charlie Health’s Engineering Team, you will play a big part in building our applications from the ground up.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys partnering closely with the rest of the product development team to make durable contributions and technical decisions as we race toward product launches. You’ll thrive here if you find greenfield work energizing, have a high quality bar, and prefer to iterate to success.
This is a unique opportunity to impact millions of lives while building something from scratch, so we’re looking for someone who is inspired by our mission and as excited about this opportunity as we are.Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver high quality, performant, maintainable features that drive meaningful business value using our core technology stack: React, Python, and PostgreSQL.
- Set strong patterns for our growing team to follow.
- Partner with teammates across the organization to understand our business. Leverage that understanding to drive data modeling discussions and decisions.
- Be an owner. Collaborate with product and design to iterate to top notch product solutions.
- Identify bottlenecks and implement improvements to engineering processes, tools, and procedures. We’re early and the expectation of folks joining at this stage is that you’ll play a huge part in setting and improving how we work.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and learning across engineering, product, and design team via mentoring, documentation, presentations, or other knowledge sharing methods.
- Significant professional experience developing user facing web or mobile applications that deliver meaningful business value.
- Expertise and hands on production experience with an application programming language, preferably Python.
- Excellent at managing ambiguity. Masterful ability to break down big, messy problems (demanding requirements, bugs, etc) into smaller parts with tractable solutions and clear iterations.
- Meaningful scope within an application engineering team. Experience making or contributing to important technical tradeoff decisions with cross team implications.
- Growth mindset and a sense of humor. You welcome feedback and when you stumble you get back up. You adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment and you enjoy fostering an environment that prioritizes fun, learning, and growth.
If you’ve made it this far, well, we’re excited to meet you too. Just one more thing that we want you to remember: we pride ourselves on our meritocratic, performance-driven culture. There are lives on the line, and we have young people to save. There’s no room for complacency. Your scope of responsibility and opportunity to make a difference will be uncapped at Charlie Health, but we need your commitment that you will work tirelessly for our patients, parents, and partners. At the end of day, our team is committed to helping you succeed at Charlie Health because when you succeed, our patients succeed, and we get one step closer to solving the mental health crisis. We’re hopeful that this role will give you the experience to go and do whatever you want in life but the fulfillment to make you never want to leave our team. We look forward to solving the mental health crisis, together.
Please do not call our public clinical admissions line in regards to this or any other job posting.
At Charlie Health, we value being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to cultivate an environment where individuals can be their authentic selves. Being an Equal Opportunity Employer means every member of our team feels as though they are supported and belong. We value diverse perspectives to help us provide essential mental health and substance use disorder treatments to all young people.
Charlie Health applicants are assessed solely on their qualifications for the role, without regard to disability or need for accommodation.