Our full stack engineers bridge the gap between backend data and the frontend websites of Yelp. Our goal is to provide the best user experience to millions of users and we’re excited to dive into any area of the web stack to make it happen.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
This opportunity has the option to be fully remote throughout Germany.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Design and build new features to connect Yelp with large scale businesses.
- Implement beautiful layouts that work across all of Yelp’s platforms (desktop, mobile browsers, and mobile apps).
- Deploy projects in a Service-Oriented Architecture, all the way from backend services to fully-featured UIs.
- Run A/B experiments and dive into the resulting data to look for trends.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Deep understanding of at least one popular server side web framework (Django, Flask, Rails, Pyramid, Laravel, Express, etc.) or modern JS frontend framework (React, Angular, Ember, etc.).
- Understanding of web security and performance best practices.
- Comfortable working in a Unix Environment.
- Experience with popular Python libraries/tools (Pyramid, pytest, tox, SQLAlchemy) is a plus.
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 30 days paid vacation per year plus one floating holiday.
- €150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- €89 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- Complementary elective German lessons for international employees.
- €67 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Information on Yelp
Yelp operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and New York, NY. Yelp was founded in 2004. It has 7236 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 199 open jobs at Yelp, click here.
Read Full Job Description