Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack (Investor Experience) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Investor Experience team builds the platform which models and reports on a wide variety of complex, multi-faceted capital markets transactions which unlock significant scale and revenue for our core point-of-sale installments business. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to design and build the next generation of our industry leading platform.
Affirm is growing fast and we want you to enable us to scale our products to 10x and beyond through building world-class systems which enable Affirm in its mission to provide honest financial products which improve lives.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!What you’ll do
- Design and develop intuitive, flexible and scalable internal tooling to empower our Capital Markets team to bring deals to market at their pace.
- Design and develop robust instrumented services and data pipelines which are capable of handling scale while adhering to strict SLAs.
- Learn about structured finance including warehouse lending, forward flow, and ABS (Asset Backed Securitization).
- Partner directly with Product and Capital Markets to establish requirements and build innovative and scalable solutions to Affirm’s funding needs.
- Automate away complexity and risk.
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better.
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Proven experience designing and building complex products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Prior experience building internal tooling is a plus.
- Prior experience with financial systems and capital markets is a plus.
- Prior experience with full stack development or building internal tools is a plus.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Canada (with the exception of Quebec) and the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.