Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help mentor and guide the Account Experience team, which is responsible for delivering consumers a consistent account management experience across Affirm properties, with a focus on self-service. We allow consumers to resolve issues quickly & independently, driving higher satisfaction while reducing contact rate & servicing costs for the business. We are experiencing exponential growth, and we want you to help scale the product by 100x and beyond.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on integrity and trust.
What You'll Do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Consistently generate simple and sophisticated designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and used by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other engineers both inside and outside the immediate team.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment that embraces the diversity of the team.
What we look for
- 4-6 years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring senior engineers.
- Expert in building service oriented applications with Python
- Prior experience in architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems.
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, highly performant HTTP & RPC interfaces and intuitive user interfaces
- Product-centric thinking -- we care just as much about the product experience — ours, our stakeholders', and our company's — as we do the design of our engineering systems.
- You are not dogmatic, and believe in solving problems with the right tool for the job.
- Experience providing reviews on teammates code and designs, providing constructive feedback to meet a high bar of quality and help others grow.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow. Ambiguity is where you thrive.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.