Paperclip is an early-stage startup backed by Tiger Global, Amity Ventures, and BoxGroup that is creating the operating system that will power the next generation of technology startups.
At Paperclip, we understand that running a business requires more than building the right product and delighting your customers – you have to make money too. But for most founders, balancing the books, managing expenses, issuing invoices, and chasing late payments just isn’t what they signed up for. Our solution is an enterprise data platform that extracts information from the SaaS apps you already use and automatically delivers it to where it’s needed for finance, accounting, and operations.
Think about how easy it is for you to download an app, connect your financial account(s) and almost immediately see your assets, transactions, etc. Nearly all of your financial data is categorized and organized for you to make healthy financial decisions.
It may surprise you that such systems for businesses are not so easy. Businesses have to process transactions by hand or stitch together data in spreadsheets. This typically involves hiring the right team and entrusting them with doing all the manual work. Instead, we are building a single unified platform that allows our customers to monitor, control, and optimize their profitability with no manual effort.What you’ll be responsible for
- Collaborating closely with Engineering, Product and Design to specify, conceptualize, build, test, deploy and monitor new features
- Adopting common patterns for data access, state management and code organization
- Continuous integration and deployment of frontend code across various environments
- Participating in product and design discussions and roadmap planning
- Maintaining and upgrading frameworks and tools for a great developer experience
- Mentoring and coaching engineers by reviewing code and architecture
- You have 4+ years of software engineering experience in shipping software at scale
- You love building complex products that solve real customer problems
- You have familiarity with frontend ecosystem including build systems, multiple frameworks as well as different styles of frontend development
- You are comfortable working with ambiguity and value incremental progress over perfection
- You are looking to take on a role with high autonomy and corresponding responsibility in order to have a genuine impact on the team and our customers
- Our frontend is built in React
- Our backend is built with Node.js utilizing MongoDB, Kafka, and Koa
- Our platform consists of utilizing Kubernetes in AWS
You’ll be joining a team of experienced, multi-time founders, whose previous companies were backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Accel, Thrive Capital, Softbank, and Y Combinator. We pay competitively and offer medical, dental, vision, and paid vacation. If you’re passionate about FinTech, solving hard problems, and tackling a massive, old-fashioned industry, we’d love to hear from you!
All Paperclip team members enjoy:
- Competitive salary and startup equity
- 100% coverage of individual benefits and up to 50% of family benefits
- Long-term career growth and achievement opportunity
- $500 stipend to set up home office
- Unlimited PTO
- All federal holidays observed
- Healthy work environment, we believe healthy and caring for loved ones is essential to deliver your best work
- Annual company get together
We offer a starting salary of USD 85,000 - 180,000 and equity depending on experience and subject to market rate.
We've listed these traits here to help you identify if you're a good fit for this job. Even if your resume might not match these requirements exactly, we encourage you to apply if you're passionate about bringing order to the finances of today's startups and love working with passionate, clever folks. We’re always open to looking at old problems in new ways — that’s how we’re helping startups escape the tyranny of confusion on accounting.
Paperclip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
CCPA Disclosure Here.