Senior Software Engineer - Frontend at SADA (Remote)
Join SADA as a Senior Software Engineer - Frontend!
You will build cloud-native applications across a breadth of use cases in order to enable end users to work more effectively. We develop our applications utilizing a UX-driven approach in order to solve priority business objectives, focusing on efficiency, performance, and ease-of-use.
As a member of the Application Development team focused on frontend development, you would primarily be developing: responsive web applications for a variety of device types, pixel-perfect UI based on designs, and client-applications supporting mobile and edge computing applications. We are a premier partner of Google Cloud Platform (GCP), as such our implementations focus on enabling customers to better utilize GCP or to demonstrate its capabilities.
Because SADA is a services-focused company, you will have the opportunity to support customers spanning every industry--including gaming, logistics, and hospitality--each with different use cases and objectives. You will obtain a breadth of skills and experience unparalleled at other companies.
- Work on projects with applications in various stages of development, ranging from discovery and architecture processes, soup-to-nuts development of an application, or consulting on individual features for our customers
- Manage time working across 1 to 3 projects simultaneously, with 2-6 engineers staffed as part of a single team for each project
- Communicate with internal and customer engineers to gain consensus on API specifications and architectures
- Collaborate with solution architects, product managers, and UX/UI designers to define the requirements for high-quality user experiences
- Develop repeatable processes, solutions, or products that enable SADA and its customers to work more efficiently
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of every project we take on. Our singular goal is to provide customers the best possible experience in building, modernizing, and maintaining applications in Google Cloud Platform.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of our practice with vision and passion. You will be measured by: the breadth, magnitude, and quality of your contributions; your ability to estimate accurately; the feedback provided by customers; your collaboration with your peers; and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a professional development plan to support your growth across engineering, management, or other growth tracks.
Required Travel - Limited (<5%) travel to customer sites, conferences, or team building events.
Customer-Facing - As often as daily interaction with customers, including standups or sales meetings; at other times, weekly/bi-weekly as for sprint planning, reviews/retrospectives, or demos. These interactions will be with roles ranging from engineers to key executive stakeholders.
Onboarding/Training - The first several weeks of onboarding are dedicated to learning and will encompass learning materials/assignments and compliance training, as well as meetings with relevant individuals. Details of the timeline are shared closer to the start date.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in software development
- Fluency with modern frontend web development leveraging TypeScript and ECMAScript
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor such as SASS or Less
- Familiarity with the ReactJS/Redux and Angular frameworks
- Exposure to full stack development, from setting up application and database server infrastructure to developing and implementing application code
- Ability to architect, scope, and prioritize work based on feedback from the customer or internal teams
- Familiarity with backend API development, ideally Node.js
- Experience in writing automated tests, including unit, integration, and acceptance tests
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform, in particular serverless (Cloud Functions), containers (Cloud Run, Kubernetes), and platforms (App Engine)
- Exposure to the Google Maps API, PostGIS, GDAL, or other Geospatial display and analytics APIs/frameworks
- Experience tuning applications for non-functional requirements, such as: usability, maintainability, scalability, availability, security, and portability
- An understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Practical experience using build tools like Gulp/Grunt/Webpack/Babel
- Exposure to additional frontend web frameworks, e.g. Meteor, Express, Ember
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data-driven
- Think one step ahead
- Drive purposeful impact
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, professional development reimbursement program as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.
SADA is committed to the safety of its employees and recommends that new hires receive a COVID vaccination before beginning work.