Senior Software Engineer - Front-End at Beam Dental (Remote)
| Columbus, OH | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:31 p.m. (CST) on Monday, June 27, 2022
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is available in 40+ states and has expanded beyond dental. Beam is now simplifying and modernizing a robust suite of ancillary employee benefits through an intuitive digital platform, self-service tools, AI-powered pricing, support from Beam’s helpful representatives, and a unique Beam Perks™ rewards program. This winning combination allows us to deliver a simple, smart, and wellness-focused experience for brokers, employers, and members.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building user-focused projects. Our engineers get the opportunity to work throughout our broad suite of products using a diverse set of technologies and shipping code at a regular cadence. We also look to our senior developers to be good mentors for their fellow engineers and contribute their experiences to our development and product processes.
What You Will Bring:
You’re an experienced engineer with a passion for people and products. You're excited to work closely with partners in Product and Design to fully own and rapidly iterate on your projects. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, the product, and the company by proactively seeking and giving feedback. You’re comfortable taking complex problems and simplifying them. You love learning by digging into code alongside your team and strive to ensure we deliver quality products. You have a history of leveling up your teammates and thrive in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Regularly ship high quality code with the appropriate amount of test coverage
- Serve as a technical advisor for your team to continually improve the quality of our code and products
- Act as a technical lead to keep team projects on track
- Mentor fellow engineers to help level up the overall knowledge of the team
- Propose and implement architectural solutions to ensure the continued improvement of our tech stack
- Help determine the appropriate scope and division of project work to ensure timely delivery.
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Experience building scalable Ruby on Rails and/or React apps
- Experience working in a cloud environment (preferably AWS)
- Expertise in building secure, tested REST API's
- Comfort writing code in multiple layers of the tech stack
- Experience with TDD or testing frameworks (especially Jest/Cypress/RSpec)
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
More Information on Beam Dental
Beam Dental operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Columbus, OH. Beam Dental was founded in 2012. It has 272 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Remote Work Program. To see all 15 open jobs at Beam Dental, click here.
Read Full Job Description