Senior Software Engineer - Front-End (Remote) at OpenGov
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:41 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll build the best-in-class SaaS solution that enables efficiency, transparency, and accountability within government agencies. You’ll be a key member of our engineering team, delivering new features and improvements in a fast-paced, agile environment using modern computing frameworks to drive our mission to make the world a little better everyday by powering our key community functions.
We value self-starters with intrinsic motivation, intellectual curiosity and the ability to communicate ideas effectively with the goal to contribute to OpenGov’s culture of accountability, respect, dedication, and fun. We value clean code, principles over dogma, customer collaboration, teamwork and thought leadership.
What You’ll Do - Responsibilities
• Architect, design and develop robust APIs and microservices using Ruby on Rails & a modern EmberJS/React UI to serve over 100k daily users across hundreds of customer communities.
• Own the end to end product lifecycle including collaboration with Product, Design and other customer success stakeholders to shape the system.
• Deliver iterative improvements with performant code to realize the product vision and roadmap plans.Using an API first approach, develop REST microservices that communicate with the OpenGov event driven platform for Data & Reporting services, as well as integrate with customer systems.
• Participate in the CI/CD and DevOps automation initiatives to build, test, deploy & operate on industry leading platforms & tools including AWS Cloud, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Sonar, Spinnaker, NewRelic etc.
• You will act as a key contributor to continuously improve the way the team collaborates and delivers, while elevating the quality and business value of the product, as well as the technical innovation and excellence standards of the team.
What You’ll Bring - Experience
• 5+ years of professional experience and track record of developing high-quality scalable code using modern computing languages in a self organized Agile environment
• 4+ years delivering software using an agile methodology (Scrum ideally)
• Experience building a heavily utilized at scale consumer-facing enterprise SaaS software
• Experience with cloud-native software development and delivery with clear understanding of the standard architecture patterns and design practices surrounding Cloud services and deployments.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Culture: Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, we are the leader in cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More Information on OpenGov
OpenGov operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Redwood City, CA. OpenGov was founded in 2022. It has 300 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 36 open jobs at OpenGov, click here.
Read Full Job Description