Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We believe a great design system is so much more than components, libraries, and code. We’re actively working to expand the definition of our design system—one that includes guidance across the end-to-end customer experience. The systems team cares about equitable environment and for the last half decade has leaned on distributed-style operations so our work is more open, transparent, and inclusive. Join us in this mission.
Do you clarify ambiguity through making? Are you interested in contribution models, accessibility, and governance? How do you think content standards should be integrated with design guidance? Do you feel at home when you write code translating design tokens? We’re searching for individuals who are excited by big questions like these and who are ready to ask their own.
If you meet even half of the requirements listed here, you are encouraged to apply. We’re interested in unique candidates with an aptitude to grow, learn, and teach us what they know.
What you’ll do here:
- Build and maintain the components library with flexibility, accessibility, and maintainability mindset
- Build a durable, scalable system with cross-functional peers to elevate the quality of the Mailchimp experience at multiple altitudes
- Support other developers with code review, API design, and architecture decision
- Participate in the design process and provide technical feedback
- Advocate for design systems, the customer, and a well-crafted experience
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 4-5 years of experience in the industry and at least 1 year working with or contributing to design systems
- You have experience with building design systems that span multiple products and services
- You are knowledgeable of current trends and best practices in front-end development including performance, accessibility, and tooling
- You are enthusiastic about creating highly crafted, accessible solutions with design, brand, and content strategy
- You can articulate the trade-offs of your decisions in terms of development effort, consistency, reusability, and user experience
- You are enthusiastic about developers experience
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- You are willing to give and receive constructive feedback
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.