We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer to join us as we scale our marketing platform and create customized anti-fraud solutions. With a quickly growing user database, ActiveCampaign’s powerful platform requires continued technical investments into the detection and prevention of fraud and abuse. This role will primarily be a hands-on engineering position with great opportunity for autonomy and solution development from ideation to shipment. Focused on our core application and SaaS platform, the Software Engineer – Fraud, will have demonstrated experience contributing to large-scale applications with the ability to develop creative, customized solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Fraud and abuse-prevention, or Machine Learning experience is highly preferred for the ideal candidate.
What Your Day Could Consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build and improve the ActiveCampaign platform, and drive with the team to design and build new features and advanced capabilities
- Produce well-tested, secure, reliable, and maintainable code, and help define best practices
- Shipping and running production quality APIs and/or microservices
- Improving and maintaining, including identifying and fixing bugs, Monolith PHP codebase as needed
- Participate in agile environment including planning and daily stand-up meetings
- Keep informed on industry activity and advocate for new patterns or approaches when appropriate
- Mentor and engage fellow engineers through code reviews, industry events and collaborations
What Is Needed:
- Experience with Python and a relational database. PHP experience is a plus
- Experience interacting with and developing machine learning systems and feature engineering a plus
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (i.e., Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, RoR, FastAPI, Flask/Django)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (Gitlab, Github etc), CI/CD pipeline and Docker is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and an interest in working collaboratively with team members
- Experience writing automated end to end tests
- Thought and care about the end user experience
- Experience in anti-fraud, platform abuse prevention, application security, web app pentesting or web service industries
- Experience delivering solutions and features from independent ideation to production
- A results-oriented engineer who is comfortable with higher levels of ambiguity
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.