Senior Software Engineer - DXE at Motional
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer - DXE to the team to boost the productivity of our autonomous vehicle developers and scientists to achieve the greatest business value possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish and maintain continuous integration (CI) pipelines
- Establish metrics like key performance indicators of the development process
- Develop tools for monitoring and visualization
- Troubleshoot and resolve build and development issues
- Work with software engineers to design and develop custom SW packages
- Improve the performance, and reliability of our infrastructure
What we're looking for:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2+ years of DevOps/Cloud Engineering experience
- 2+ years of working experience with public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Understanding of systems and software development lifecycle (SLDC)
- Strong understanding of the source code management, software configuration management, static analysis and software packaging
Skills and traits you will likely already have:
- Strong background in Linux, version control, CI/CD and cross-platform scripting languages
- Basic understanding of Container Orchestration Platforms such as Kubernetes
- Experience building browser-based user interfaces
- Have strong communication skills with teams all around the world
Bonus points (but not required):
- Create reproducible infrastructure (IaC) using Terraform, Ansible or similar
- Experience with monitoring tools like ELK stack or similar
- Record of processes automation using Jenkins, Airflow, Quickbase or similar
- Experience with build systems (CMake or equivalent)
- Experience working with containers and package management for C++
- Administration of self-hosted code management tools like GitLab or Atlassian Bitbucket
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.