Senior Software Engineer, DevOps - Remote Eligible
We are looking for people passionate about the Cloud and giving back to the Open Source Community. A hands-on problem solver who seeks to understand a domain and solve its complex engineering or data challenges, developing automated solutions in the cloud . We're enabling users to maximize their clouds in a more cost and operational efficient manner. You'll have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, developing solutions. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the EDML cloud accounts, and provide valuable input into the design strategy for our cloud accounts. You will identify automated opportunities to improve compliance in our cloud accounts and through collaboration and automation solve compliance issues and concerns.
As an essential member of the team, your responsibilities involve deep technical knowledge and skill
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Have the opportunity to write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate Cloud Custodian policies; document design decisions, and identify potential risks/issues
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community, and from time to time, be asked to code or evaluate code
- Collaborate to deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive compliance - cutting-edge cloud solutions for EDML, using existing and emerging technology platforms
- Continually seek to understand, improve, measure performance , reliability, scalability and automation to support customer growth
- Leverage sound judgment and problem solving to tackle some of Capital One's most critical problems and connect the dots to broader implications of the work
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence and being well-managed, using opportunities to reuse and inner-source solutions where possible
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years of experience in DevOps Engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 2 years of experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- At least 2 years of Unix or Linux system administration experience
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies (primarily AWS)
- Experience in designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations & infrastructure on AWS
- 4 + years of experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems
- Active AWS certification
- Experience with scripting (python,bash)
- Ability to mentor junior engineers on the team
- Lead several cloud initiatives and be capable of multitasking
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).