Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than 2X year-over-year. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $139M in venture capital from leading investors such as IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, and Contour Venture Partners, and our lending securities are rated AA by S&P.
The Octane Decisioning Team is on a mission to build a system to instantly deliver loan decisions to dealers and consumers. We develop systems that are scalable and handle high volumes of traffic. We prevent fraudsters—people who should not be applying—from getting loans.
We are looking for experienced software engineers who are curious, willing to challenge ideas, and are problem solvers. You will be working closely with our business stakeholders to identify problems and design solutions. You will be entrusted with key technical ownership.
What You’ll Do
- Mentor/pair program with junior team members to follow engineering best practices
- Perform high quality code reviews to ensure standards are met and learn together
- Work on credit runtime initiatives to put Octane ahead of our competitors
- Build decisioning backend features using Python, Django, and PostgreSQL
- Lead technical initiatives including gathering requirements from the stakeholders, designing technical solutions, and implementing the solutions
- Collaborate with teammates cross-functionally to understand how they consume decisioning platform
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience working in software engineering
- Established experience of writing maintainable code and unit testing
- Extensive knowledge of web development, relational databases, and REST APIs
- Proficiency with a variety of protocols
- Experience debugging using SQL
- Require minimal direction and capable of independently gathering missing pieces in order to complete tasks
- A problem solver who can present their ideas that might be different from others and gather consensus
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Up to 5 weeks PTO (self-managed)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company contribution
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Powersports Safety Benefit: reimbursement of up to $500/year for the purchase of any powersports safety equipment
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability & Life insurance
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Monthly company gift
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.