Senior Software Engineer - Core Services at Yalo (Remote)
Hi! This is Yalo! We help companies build strong customer relationships through the world's most popular messaging apps.
We're an energetic and positive group of people. We take care of each other and create a safe space within the company for everyone to express themselves. We want every Yalere to reach the best version of themselves!
If you're looking for a place to make sh!t happen, make mistakes and continuously improve, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of delighting more than a billion people each day!
As a member of our Tech team, you be part of the team that will build the next generation of apps in Yalo. We use cutting-edge technologies in the industry both for backend and front end development. We’re looking for people that will bring different solutions to the table and work with increasing standards. You will also be able to explore any career path you choose: contributor or manager
The Senior Software Engineer in the Platform team will support the design and development of microservices in Go and Node.js, deployed on Google Kubernetes Engine. You have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills, balanced with high quality and a customer focus. You can work across multiple facets of the project. (Including DevOps, development, testing, and instrumentation.) You have a robust analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions, and must be someone who thrives in a fast-paced Agile environment with a can-do attitude
What are the activities of a Senior Software Engineer?
- Implement high performing, high quality, tested backend applications in a microservices message-driven architecture
- Triage production issues, identify root causes, and participate in post-mortem writing and review.
- In collaboration with the team, participate in the creation of a technology roadmap
- Documentation writing of new and existing features
- Actively participate in code reviews, providing insights in terms of performance, security, best practices, and overall quality of the code
- Create end to end integrations with customer APIs
If you meet the next experience this is your role don't hesitate. We want you on the team!
- 5 years+ experience as a Back-end Engineer or similar role
- Experience working with microservice architectures
- Proficiency with Node.js, Java or Golang
- Experience with Docker
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Google Cloud is preferred)
- Strong experience with NoSQL databases, message queues, and asynchronous event-driven APIs.
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies & Continuous Delivery (CD)
If you have the next skills and experience, it will be a super plus:
- Knowledge of Elixir or OTP (Erlang)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with MongoDB
- Strong experience with Kafka or similar queuing systems
What soft skills matter to us?
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving skills
- An upbeat, service-oriented personality
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
At Yalo, one of our core values is We Care. And because We Care about every single member of our team, we work every day to be a community of Yaleres where everybody can be the best version of themselves, and furthermore where we can celebrate our differences. We accept, support and promote diversity as one of the most important features of our culture. We are proud to say that we are a company that provides equal opportunities without regard to religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical attributes or different capacities.
We all have the same objective: having the best team that’s ever been seen, and for that to happen diversity is not only desirable but necessary. We are working to build a diverse and integrated team that reflects the world we want to live in. We want you to be part of our amazing community, bringing your unique point of view so that we can share it across the globe together!