Senior Software Engineer - Configuration Platform at Uber
Uber's Configuration Platform team, part of Core Infrastructure Engineering, is responsible for developing a self-servicing product and service configuration platform that is adopted by thousands of microservices and customers across engineering and city teams at Uber. We build the configuration platform that focuses on scaling with the business's growth, enable new feature launches, compliances, and regulatory policies.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Configuration Platform team, you will develop a reliable and resilient platform for a self-servicing product and service configuration platform that is adopted by thousands of microservices and customers across engineering, product, and city operations teams at Uber.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of complex projects
- Build highly reliable and resilient infrastructure
- Solve complex distributed systems problems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across engineering and city teams to enable and support the business
- Mentor, coach, and support those around you
- You have a BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
- You have experience building reliable distributed systems at scale
- You have experience coding using a general-purpose programming language (eg. Go, Java, Python)
- You communicate and collaborate effectively. You articulate your ideas and lead through influence.
- At least five (5) years of Software Engineering Experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form