The Commerce Transaction Platform team is looking for an experienced and passionate software engineer to build and architect new payments products for hundreds of thousands of businesses that rely on Squarespace to build their online presence and transact with their customers.
Our team is a cross functional group of accomplished people who build the experiences and services necessary to guarantee a reliable and delightful experience from the moment a shopper starts to buy a product from a merchant to the moment they receive their purchase. Our platform powers a wide array of products like scheduling, e-commerce, member area, subscriptions, point of sale etc. We believe that a great product doesn't stop at a great user experience; it needs to have a great scalability, reliability and developer experience too.
You will report directly to the Engineering Manager for the Commerce Transactions Platform team. This position can be a full-time remote position OR located in New York.You'll Get To…
- Build payments products to impact hundreds of thousands of businesses and their customers.
- Work with world class Senior and Staff engineers to shape the architecture and guiding principles of our commerce platform.
- Mentor engineers to develop their skill and expertise in the world of software development and payments products.
- 7+ years of experience in the software industry
- 3+ years of experience launching payments products
- Experience developing and launching FinTech products and infrastructures.
- Experience coaching senior engineers with diverse specialties.
- Ability to break down technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Exceptional grasp of engineering practices like API designs, automated testing, documentation, architectural diagramming, and code reviews.
- Experience working with Adyen and Stripe APIs is a huge plus
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote stipend
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
Squarespace is the all-in-one platform with everything to sell anything, providing customers in approximately 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to sell physical products, digital content, classes, appointments, reservations and more. Powered by best-in-class design for a consistent brand experience across all touchpoints, our suite of fully integrated products enables anyone to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California, and Chicago, Illinois.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.