Senior Software Engineer, Cloud at Volta Charging
At Volta, we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
The Cloud Team
Is responsible for all internal and external API creation, documentation, deployment, and maintenance. We are also responsible for developing tools and processes to improve deployment efficiency for all teams that deploy to the cloud. We value creativity, curiosity, and taking ownership. This is an opportunity to work with cutting-edge cloud technologies as we scale.
This is an opportunity to make an impact in a number of ways in our Engineering department and the evolution of the company itself. You will be a key contributor and implement infrastructure and services running in the cloud. Our services ingest and expose data on various interfaces like our internal web application, automated reporting mechanisms, and the multi-platform Volta mobile app.
- Implement solutions predominantly on AWS using Node.js Lambda functions, SNS, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL
- Design, implement and test APIs to handle events from our fleet of charging stations.
- Provide a concise and consolidated view of the state of our platform in real-time for logging and alerting
- Prototype and build APIs to expose data to stakeholders via GraphQL and REST endpoints.
- Work with and improve upon internal tooling to coordinate feature releases in parallel and remove bottlenecks/blockers from day-to-day developer experience.
- Code reviews of peers and companion team contributions to Cloud software
- 5+ years relevant working experience
- 3+ years experience deploying to Amazon Web Services or similar and ability to adapt
- Proficiency with Node.js and familiarity with modern ECMAScript features
- Experience troubleshooting serverless execution environments
- Experience building distributed, event-driven microservice architectures
- Knowledge of schema and query design for SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience using and iterating on CI/CD workflows (we use GitHub+CircleCI)
- Interest in researching and experimenting with new technologies outside of core responsibilities
- Proficiency with Linux command line and utilities
- Computer Science-type Bachelor’s Degree or demonstrable knowledge of the field
- Experience with services orchestration/choreography tools (Terraform, Pulumi)
- A sense of curiosity and a willingness to dive deep into emerging technologies and best practices
- Passionate about the Electric Vehicles, renewable energy, and the future of transportation
- Desire to contribute to a culture of humility, respect, and trust