Senior Software Engineer: Cloud Storage Systems at DigitalOcean
DigitalOcean’s Storage Team is a remote team that builds and operates cloud-scale distributed storage powering internal and customer-facing services and products. We’re creating flexible and powerful solutions that our customers will leverage to ship their software as quickly, easily, and safely as possible.
The Storage Systems Team supports the operations and development of the data persistence layer of storage products. The team is responsible for the persistence software of DigitalOcean’s storage products as well as the lifecycle of hardware nodes inclusive of evaluation, certification, provisioning, and ongoing systems management.
We are looking for an engineer who will help develop and support current and future storage platforms at scale. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to make impactful contributions to key software, contribute to the open source community, and debug interesting problems at cloudscale. This role reports to the Engineering Manager of the Storage Systems team and is currently only available remotely.What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading engineering efforts to deliver innovative storage solutions
- Supporting the operations and management of distributed systems
- Programming in Go, C++, and other languages
- Collaborating with an agile, self-motivated team of peers
- Consuming from and contributing to free/open source software communities
- Solving interesting problems in a technically rewarding environment
- Experience operating and troubleshooting Ceph
- A passion for designing, developing, testing, and shipping well-engineered code
- Experience with Linux operating systems and strong networking fundamentals
- Familiarity with automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Chef
- Familiarity with cloud native technologies and protocols (containerization, REST, gRPC)
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!