Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Our Trust & Safety Foundations team’s mission is to make data from Affirm’s partners as accessible as Affirm’s own data! We are building a new integration platform from scratch, allowing Affirm’s system to consume data from different data vendors securely and reliably!
Affirm’s Trust & Safety Foundations team is growing and looking for a senior software engineer to build a new generation of the API integration platform!What You'll Do
- Work with our engineering team to plan / design / implement improvements to our API platform
- Work with our Product team to plan development and integration of the new endpoints from our numerous partners.
- Work with our vendors on troubleshooting, improving existing service and supporting new feature requests
- Help our Data team to build quick integration for data quality validation
- Analyze and debug performance issues across distributed services
- Provide periodic on call support for critical production systems
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Kotlin and Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and other engineers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Experienced: Background building real-time distributed web services and authentication systems
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.