About the Team:
The backend engineering team at ActionIQ plays a critical role in building and operating our big-data platform and core product offering. We develop the Scala code base used by our low-latency, high-throughput, reliable backend APIs and ETL processes to support a growing feature set. You’ll work in all areas of the software development life cycle to launch new features and improve and refactor our backend systems. As a senior member of the team, you’ll mentor junior engineers, make well-reasoned tech vs. product trade-offs, and work collaboratively across teams to deliver and support a quality product and platform which ingest, models, queries, and exports multiple terabytes of streaming and batch data every day.
One year from now you will have (what has been accomplished):
- Launched several new microservice APIs to improve the functionality and performance of the AIQ platform.
- Influenced the adoption of new technologies, tools, libraries, and structuring code to improve the efficiency and quality of our codebase.
- Worked closely with others engineering teams, product managers, and architects to collaboratively drive change in our product and platform.
- Solved challenging problems in how our platform operates, extends its feature set, and scales to handle even more data and queries, while improving quality and reliability.
- Enjoyed many company sponsored Thursday lunches around NYC with coworkers from across the company.
- Deliver high-quality, maintainability code
- Work with others to break down projects into smaller units of work with intermediate milestones
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and architects to design and implement features and improvements throughout multiple areas of the product.
- Mentor junior engineers and interns with a growth mindset
What you bring to ActionIQ:
- At least five years of experience as a software engineer
- Lead the implementation of a large product feature or infrastructure changes
- Excited to work in a team environment with other engineers and product managers
- A positive attitude and an open mind to making trade-offs when solving challenges in a complex operating environment
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company!
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital)
- Top health insurance benefits
- We have officially opened a beautiful new office right on Madison Square Park! All NYC-based employees currently have the option to return to the office 3 days per week on an “opt-in” basis. We plan to officially reopen our office in the beginning of 2022.
- Check out this blog post here to learn how we designed our return to work plans.
- Work from Home stipend to optimize office setup
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth