The Merchant Engagement group at Affirm builds the APIs and webhooks that power all of Affirm's integrations with merchants and partners, as well as the Self-Service Onboarding product and Affirm Merchant Portal. Affirm has the largest partnerships in this rapidly growing space, and the Merchant Engagement group sits at the center of the company's critical initiative to expand on this success. The Partner Interfaces sub-team represents the portion of this group that manages partners - large customers such as Shopify that themselves manage multiple merchants. Its job is to create and manage the APIs and other tools that power the experience in the websites of those partners, such as checkout and merchant onboarding, as well as orchestrate the end-to-end integration solution for them.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced software engineer to join us and help fulfill our vision. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and the work involved will directly impact the growth trajectory of the merchant network.
What you'll do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Actively participate in making your team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What we look for
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Ability to synthesize complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Experience succeeding as the technical lead of a large, potentially ambiguous project involving multiple stakeholders and contributors.
- A humble team-player who places the needs of others first, participates in the development of peers on the team, and mentors and guides more junior members in areas where they may have less experience.
- Exposure to any of the following technologies is a plus, but not required: API development, Python, MySql, ElasticSearch, AWS, Docker, and Flask/Celery.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - 30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.