Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Your role will be instrumental in transforming Affirm into a global company by taking its products and services to the rest of the world.
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers to build parts of Affirm’s backend localization and internationalization systems to enable expansion into multiple countries and continents. You will architect, design and implement systems to automate the flow of text through Affirm’s online systems to support multiple languages and cultures, enabling international expansion. You will look for opportunities to create internal tooling, and increase efficiencies to accelerate the speed of this international expansion.
Your technical leadership will have a high impact on the future growth of Affirm, as we reach out to provide honest financial products throughout the world. Come join our amazing team inside our amazing fast moving company!
What you'll do
- Plan, design, and build software and systems to scale with an increasing number of users, features, business requirements, partners, and new engineers to enable and accelerate international growth
- Provide technical strategy for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems
- Provide ownership of copy management systems, defining their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems
- Collaborate with engineers and non-engineers within our team and across the organization
What we look for
- Experience. You have a proven track record of developing, testing, and shipping high-quality software at scale
- Leadership. You enjoy leading technical architecture discussions and drive technical decisions within your team and beyond
- Communication. You communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. If anything, you trend towards over-communication
- Mentorship. You mentor other engineers in a technical capacity through sharing your learnings and providing feedback that will help the team grow
- Customer-centric mentality. You are empathetic to the user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
Technology you will use
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.