Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Our Fraud Engineering team’s mission is to protect both consumers and our business by preventing fraud at the point of purchase, uncovering fraud that has occurred, and mitigating its impact.
Our Fraud Verifications team is at the front line in the battle against fraud. We develop the next generation of crime fighting tools that enable our risk operations teams to recover and prevent fraud during checkout and after a loan has been approved. We handle lots of data, create specialized and automated workflows, and work closely with our internal customers.
Affirm’s Fraud Engineering team is growing and looking for a senior software developer to help keep our customers safe.What You'll Do
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service; building new risk and fraud mitigation features
- Build effective tools for our Risk Operations team to help uncover fraud in real time
- Support Data Science by providing them with the signals needed to build effective models
- Integrate third party solutions and data into our loan application to determine applicant risk
- Analyze and debug performance issues across distributed services
- Research and evaluate build vs buy options for tooling and product building blocks
- Experienced: experience building real-time distributed web services, with experience in fraud detection and risk decisioning systems being a plus
- Mentorship: Proven ability to technically mentor engineers and communicate technical ideas
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers, operations teams, and compliance officers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.