Senior Software Engineer, Backend- Communications Platform at Uber
About the Team:
Uber's Communications Platform team enables Uber to engage with its customers across all channels, business lines, and end-users through billions of real-time, intelligent, personalized interactions. Our team builds the systems, API's and mobile libraries that allow hundreds of internal teams to send billions fo email, sms, push, and in-app messages.
About the Role:
The Communications Platform team is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer with experience building high scale services and platforms, as well as experience working with communications challenges and data.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience hands-on coding using general purpose programming language (eg. C/C++, Java, Python, Go, C#)
- At least two (2) years of experience designing and implementing large scale distributed systems
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, Golang, Python) and the eagerness to learn
- Experience with production-quality services, deployment, monitoring, and reliability. Experience with distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Ability to decompose complex business problems into clean, extensible, performant services and systems Self driven to identify opportunities to make things better and efficient.
- Experience with building high performance, scalable distributed systems using technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, or Hive.
- Background with communications systems and domain expertise
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.