At GoGuardian, we're helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we're committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian's growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it - always ready to experiment and learn.
We're here for the cause, but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together, and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There's always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians are always finding ways to connect.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer on the Beacon team at GoGuardian, you'll help build, optimize and maintain our infrastructure and applications that support millions of students and educators every day. You will work on production code and build rich feature sets that support the complex problems in education. You'll be a key member of our engineering team, helping to embody the principles of fluidity, critical thinking, innovation, and collaboration.
What You'll Do
- Build systems to solve new problems
- Display strong judgment in selecting methods techniques and evaluation criteria for delivering results
- Build, deploy and operate high-scale web applications
- Deliver on engineering challenges and understand existing codebases quickly
- Write high quality and maintainable code and own engineering initiatives
- Work effectively in an agile environment
- Learn and experiment with new technologies
- Effectively communicate and understand complex ideas with other engineers/non-engineers
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional industry experience as a Backend Engineer
- Extensive experience working with web applications
- Knowledge of at least one statically typed compiled language (preferably Golang)
- Familiarity with AWS and relational database concepts
- Experience with Big Data tools like Hadoop and Spark
- Familiarity with a variety of database concepts such as NoSQL, column-stores, and distributed databases
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
P.S. - Share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for amazing people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.