Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Analytics Studio) at Givelify (Remote)
Why just have a job when you can live your Purpose? We are Givelify, a minority-owned FinTech-for-Good company that uses human-centered design, jobs-to-be-done, & data to create experiences that inspire kindness & generosity and celebrate putting more good into the world. In fact, Givelify’s mobile giving app consistently leads the App Store and Google Play in downloads, reviews and 5-star ratings amongst all giving apps. More than 1.5 million donors and 55,000 organizations trust Givelify for inspiring kindness, generating more than $3 Billion in generosity.
We seek a Senior Software Engineer - Backend to join our virtual team. Are you someone who has a passion to join our team with a “take no prisoners” attitude; at Givelify, different moonshots are our norm. We strive to build products that impacts real people on the ground, we build with passion and have a high standard of engineering quality; in addition, we solve unique challenges related to scalability, you will have the ability to experience all aspects of Engineering and Product Development, if the challenge of scaling product success at a high performing Fintech-for-Good company sounds exciting, we would love to connect with you!
You’ll get to:
- Engineer highly available and scalable software systems.
- Estimate Engineering efforts in building out new features that directly impact the relationship between causes and their supporters.
- Build out real-time analytics and reporting dashboards that are optimized for big data and synchronized in real time across multiple clients.
- Work with our front-end team to fine tune our REST APIs.
- Work with Givelify’s research team to implement machine learning and other computational algorithms to bring complex insights to life.
- Work with our DevOps team to ensure a scalable, secure, redundant, distributed production environment system.
You should bring mad skills & experience:
- B.S./ M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent STEM degree.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- We primarily develop Nginx Linux based systems with software written in PHP and Python. Experience in those languages/environments is a plus.
- Experience in building large scale distributed web applications.
- Excellent object-oriented development skills.
- Deep understanding of graph design principles with a strong background back-end development environment while constructing APIs.
- Optimization of databases for big data environment, structuring of queries for fast responses.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.).
- Deep understanding of big O notation and algorithm complexity analysis.
Plus These Superpowers
- Ability to work in collaborative cross functional environments
- Ability to take a human-centric approach that meets or anticipates customer needs when developing solutions.
- Detailed and Quality oriented.
Our People & Culture
We are a virtual team of high-performing professionals who innovate & collaborate to fulfill our mission to help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the world – one simple, joyful gift at a time. Our culture of integrity, heart, simplicity, & that “wow” factor fuel our aspiration to be recognized amongst the tech industry’s most inclusive & purpose-driven workplaces.
We take great pride in providing competitive pay, full benefits, amazing perks (including flexible PTO), and most importantly, the opportunity to put passion & purpose to work.