BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Walmart, Oscar Health and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations Management.
Headquartered in New York City, with a product and engineering office in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S., BetterCloud has raised $187 million to date.
We are a high energy, high growth tech company that's seeking a Senior Back-End Software Engineer who is interested in increasing the productivity of our system and the internal teams that depend on it.
What You’ll Do
- Software Development
- Back-end Development with Java for Internal Tools
- Participate in scrum ceremonies to facilitate predictable delivery of software
- Provided visualizations that highlight: the current state of data processing, data in pipelines, unused or outdated resources or infrastructure, etc.
- Optimize the system by: Identifying refinement to queries, specifying improvements to data messaging operations, recognizing unused data sets or infrastructure, etc.
- Coach engineers implementing identified optimizations
- Collaborate with Architects to define org standards for ensuring consistent data usage/interaction.
- Work with multiple teams and stakeholders like site-reliability, product, and security to understand data sources and the data pipeline
- Experience with Java and Spring Boot
- Experience with distributed stream-processing such as Kafka
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience in scalable environments (especially with Kubernetes)
- Query experience with technologies like Kafka, MySQL, ElasticSearch, BigTable and BigQuery
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary & stock options
- Full benefits package
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote - Qualified applicants based on most states of the U.S.A. are eligible for this position. Note that there are a number of states from where this position cannot be held.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents BetterCloud’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $148,500 - $165,000
This salary range represents BetterCloud’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of posting, and BetterCloud may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. The final salary for this position will be determined in BetterCloud’s sole discretion, consistent with applicable law, and based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the employee’s work experience, skills, and qualifications for the role, as well as the needs of BetterCloud’s business and other operational considerations.
Overview of BetterCloud Benefits:
- Health benefits package (including medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- PTO (sick leave, parental leave, vacation benefits)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health Resources
- Stock Options