Senior Software Engineer, Authentication and Authorization (Minneapolis, MN)
Chewy is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer based in Boston, MA, Dania Beach, FL, or Minneapolis, MN. You will be a part of the Authorization/Authentication Team that is responsible for the customer’s experience with their Chewy account across Chewy’s properties. This team aims to build tools, systems, and services that provides a secure, world class experience for Chewy’s customers to access their Accounts using modern industry standard practices.
This role is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design, and features. You will directly engage with engineering teams that rely on our team's tools and application templates, work with our users to identify gaps in our product offerings, and then own the implementation strategy from measurement to delivery. We support and encourage experimentation and innovation with new technologies that contribute to solving problems at scale. Your expertise in these areas will directly influence team strategy and contribute to the defining of the technology landscape for Chewy. This role offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth and has tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy. This role will allow you to act as an individual contributor as part of a team of strong engineers building Tools and Services for Chewy's Tooling Platform.
What you'll do:
- Design, build, and both the user to service and the service to service authentication and authorization services
- You will be responsible for the design, development, delivery, and support of large-scale, distributed software and tools
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with multiple Application Development and Architecture teams
- Provide technical guidance to your team to build quality software
- Bring industry best practices in terms of technology and process
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Set engineering excellence to the team and have the drive to focus on scalability, resiliency, high availability & performance of applications
- Hire, educate, mentor, and help peers and contribute to the open-source engineering community
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and service providers to pursue use cases and assist in ensuring our internal customers' knowledge of our technology remains ahead of the curve.
What you'll need:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong knowledge and proven expertise with Java and the AWS tools and ecosystem
- Clear understanding of emerging technologies and ability to apply those principles in solving critical business needs
- Be a Hands-on Engineer who will spend a significant percentage of their time writing code, creating a Framework structure for the team
- Experience with designing, building, and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Strong background with modern tools and environments
- Working Experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus)
- Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
- Experience with authentication services and industry standards including OAuth2.0
- Experience with 3rd party authentications services including Keycloak and Okta.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with Github and AWS or other Cloud technologies
- Experience building applications using AWS services
- Working knowledge on React Framework
- Experience in API development or engineering at scale
- E-commerce experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]