Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to advance this nation’s core values by providing the United States and our allies access to leading technologies and innovations. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
Are you a passionate and innovative Android developer looking to create exceptional user experiences? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As an Android Developer you will re-imagine how users can effectively engage with robotics and artificial intelligence to solve real world problems and achieve our audacious objective: to reduce service member and civilian casualties to 0 by 2030. Help build and deploy our next generation products as you collaborate with other brilliant engineers to build truly magical products that save lives.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with a diverse group of highly motivated and supportive engineers from various disciplines to create reliable and secure autonomous intelligent systems to protect lives.
- Provide exceptional user experience on mobile, tablets, and large screen devices by helping define the architecture, building up features, and improving existing ones on the Android platform
- Prototype and test experimental features and libraries to asses project fit.
- Work with the User Experience and Design (UXD) and Business Development teams and incorporate design wireframes and user feedback to improve the user experience.
- Help influence the technical roadmap for Product Management.
- Constantly improve your craft and take pride in what you ship.
- Projects that you might work on (optional):
- Take ownership of features and make a direct impact on the end product
- Develop new features and capabilities that delights the user experience, using the latest Android technologies and framework available in the Android Jetpack library.
- Build tools that will empower mobile developers to work more efficiently
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience, plus 3+ years of industry experience
- Very strong understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals, Object Oriented Programming, and Data Structures/Algorithms
- Very strong understanding of modern Android development, Android application lifecycle, and Android UI layout design
- Experience writing code in Java or Kotlin Programming Languages
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- You have solid documentation and communication skills, and you are able to collaborate with team members, onsite or offsite
- You have a demonstrated track record of shipping apps on a release cycle with multiple stakeholders
- You have experience in Test Driven and Behavioral Driven Development
- Familiarity with video streaming concepts and technologies such as RTSP streaming, video codecs, and GStreamer
- Familiarity with C or C++ programming and JNI
- Familiarity with 3D and/or gaming technologies such as OpenGL, Unity, or Unreal
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
More Information on Shield AI
Shield AI operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA, Arlington, VA and Prosper, TX. Shield AI was founded in 2015. It has 365 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Intracompany committees, Daily sync and Open door policy. To see all 20 open jobs at Shield AI, click here.
Read Full Job Description