Senior Software Engineer - Analytical Platform at Galileo
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Welcoming, collaborative and having the opportunity to make an impact - is how our employees describe working here. Galileo is a financial technology company that provides innovative and revolutionary software products and services that power some of the world's largest Fintechs. We are the only payments innovator that applies tech and engineering capabilities to empower Fintechs and financial institutions to unleash their full creativity to achieve their most inspired goals. Galileo leads its industry with superior fraud detection, security, decision-making analytics and regulatory compliance functionality combined with customized, responsive and flexible programs to accelerate the success of all payments companies and solve tomorrow's payments challenges today. We hire energetic and creative employees while providing them the opportunity to excel in their careers and make a difference for our clients. Learn more about us and why we work here at https://www.galileo-ft.com/working-at-galileo.
“Welcoming”, “collaborative” and “making a difference” — that’s how our employees describe working here. Galileo, a SoFi subsidiary, is a financial technology company that provides innovative and revolutionary software products and services that power some of the world's largest fintech firms, empowering our clients to unleash their creativity and drive success for them and their customers. Galileo leads the industry with superior fraud detection, security, decision-making analytics and regulatory compliance tooling delivered with customized, responsive and flexible programs to accelerate the success of all payments companies and solve tomorrow's payments challenges today. We provide energetic and innovative employees with the opportunity to accelerate their own career growth while delighting today’s and tomorrow’s clients. Learn more about us and why we work here at www.galileo-ft.com.The team
The Analytical Data Platform team is chartered with building the next generation platform. Data is at the core of everything done in the financial industry, and we are building the infrastructure, and services to enable data centric decision making. The features we are looking to build include real time ingestion, secure data access and governance, data access mechanisms that cater to varying workflows such as analytical reports, real time dashboards, ad hoc queries, and machine learning. All of this needs to work in a highly scalable, and reliable way. We want to enable better products for our customers by enabling decision makings such as which transactions are risky, how well a card program’s performing, and what better product to recommend to each customer based on their individual situation.The role
- Work on automation and improvement of data exchanges and data pipelines between internal and external teams.
- Design and build infrastructure and services that will be used by multiple teams and products for their data analytic needs.
- Work in a collaborative manner with other engineers, product managers, data scientists etc to build comprehensive solutions quickly with high quality.
- Be a champion of customer-focused quality by defining and working with others to drive world-class service availability and quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from a fully-accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience or demonstrable equivalent, including school projects or internships
- Demonstrable programming success, ideally on a modern stack such as Python, Go, Java, C++.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Delivery principles and techniques, including unit testing and build & deploy pipelines.
- Demonstrated expertise with data store and cloud technologies, ideally within a microservice architecture
- Demonstrated ability to design resilient software components within a distributed system.
- Experience working in a cloud based environment such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience developing, and supporting services and infrastructure that are used by large number of users
- Expertise in data and analytical platform tooling and development
- A track record of successfully mentoring less experienced developers
Most importantly, it’s the people you’ll be working with — people who strive to do better for our clients, their customers, and each other. You’ll also find competitive salaries and flexible time-off policies along with a great benefits package. Lastly you’ll be able to work remotely or join one of our offices in the Salt Lake City, Seattle, or San Francisco areas. If you are looking for a leading edge technology environment with a positive and rewarding culture, where you can grow by helping others, join the fintech revolution at Galileo!
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)