Senior Software Engineer - Accounts and Productivity at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about engineering easy-to-use tools that enable internal teams to manage customer resources and interactions.
We are looking for a Software Engineer experienced with mission-critical applications to help with the continued growth of the DigitalOcean cloud. As that engineer, you will think about how to present complex cloud infrastructure as simple, configurable tools for our customers. You will be working alongside Product and Design teams, and reporting to the Engineering Manager in Customer Experience. You will decide how to build software that gets the most out of our products and services and helps developers scale their systems on DigitalOcean. You will also work within the broader engineering organization to improve the efficiency and performance of internal systems so that we can support our growing customer base.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Engineer solutions to business problems by creating and maintaining Go services to delight our customers.
- Implement enterprise best practices and drive higher levels of simplicity and elegance.
- Code services and tools for the scalable enterprise, leveraging designs from architecture teams and driving through testing and deployment.
- Participate as an engaged, collaborative team member through video calls and IM channels.
- Take part in an on-call rotation every 4+ weeks
- Language: Demonstrated ability to produce production-ready code in Go (or similar modern, performant language and stack) at a company of similar size and complexity.
- Deployments: Experience with containerized applications in Docker within a CI/CD environment using GOCD, Concourse, or similar platform.
- Experienced working within a microservice architecture, with knowledge of both asynchronous, event-driven processing, and synchronous GRPC/HTTP based requests.
- Domain experience: hands-on experience with IaaS- and PaaS-based solutions.
- Operational expertise: Knowledge of and ability to use Kibana, Grafana and Kubernetes for monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting (or similar tools).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a remote-first culture.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!