Senior Software Engineer, Account Structures at Podium (Remote)
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
The Account Structures team exists to provide secure, reliable and fast Authentication, Authorization, Feature Flags, and Account Hierarchy for our internal development teams. This team supports core functions for the Podium Platform and is critical to our Mission.
What you should have:
- Production experience working with Distributed Systems and Microservices
- Experience with Authorization or Access delegation tools
- Experience with improving scalability and performance
- Strong Communication skills and the ability to take ownership
- The ability to work cross functionally with internal teams
What we hope you have:
- ~8+ years of Software Development experience
- Strong Backend experience with a functional language (Elixir, Ruby, Erlang)
- Experience with Search Technologies
- Experience with highly scalable Microservices
- Focus on Security, Multi Factor Authorization experience
- Working knowledge of OAuth would be ideal
- Transparent culture
- Remote first work setting for Engineering & Product
- Great opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- One time work from home setup allotment
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.