Senior Software Engineer - ABC + Nat Geo + Marvel Unlimited - CMS (Seattle, WA)
The Walt Disney Company has a rich tradition of creating innovative products and magical experiences for millions of people around the world. Software Engineers are at the heart of that innovation and magic, building platforms, services, tools and infrastructure for an unmatched collection of content and brands such as ABC, Disney, and ESPN.
As a member of a diverse and talented organization, your role as a Sr Software Engineer will craft elegant and extensible solutions, at scale, using modern frameworks and technologies to deliver the foundation systems that powers the products our guests and fans use every day. Products like; ESPN, National Geographic, Marvel Unlimited, ABC News, and ABC Entertainment.
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex problems
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about software development
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
then working at Disney is unlike anything else. We have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with users, however and wherever they connect with our brands.
Consumer Platform Engineering at DMED is hiring a Senior Software Engineer for the Content Technology software engineering team, to help build and support a world class CMS and image platform for brands such as ABC, Disney, ESPN, Marvel and National Geographic. Our systems and APIs help producers and editors publish great experiences for our customers, and are integral to our customized tools and workflows.
The Senior Software Engineer will help design and implement modern, scalable, and reliable systems that take advantage of a wide array of AWS services. You will help define platform capabilities, implementing core solutions using solid design principles, while balancing complexity, speed of implementation, and expandability.
- Participate in the design and implementation of multi-layered systems delivering highly reliable and scalable cast facing solutions.
- Research and learn new technologies
Provide guidance and enforcement of development practices and processes. Review code and work with junior engineers to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Collaborate & troubleshoot with the rest of the team in the analysis and resolution of hard engineering problems. You will collaborate on service performance, scalability, and event planning requirements
Basic Qualifications :
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing high volume, cached, fault tolerant, multi-threaded scalable systems
- Solid understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, etc)
- Expertise designing APIs and building RESTful services
- Proven Experience with Java and open source technologies like Spring, Tomcat, Nginx, Solr, Redis, MongoDB, GraphQL, etc
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS EC2, SQS, S3, Lambdas, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Cloudformation/Terraform, Fargate, etc.
- Exposure to full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of software and database projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving. Strong analytical skills as well as solid capabilities for debugging and troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- 4+ years relevant industry experience
Additional Information :