At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We’re not your parent’s phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don’t study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company — we’re the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you’re saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
Responsible for leading a growing team of software engineers to provide production support for our internal users, support rearchitecture for our Internal Applications and provide data migration and integration support for migrating to Nextiva’s newly selected Salesforce and Oracle ERP Cloud platforms.
- Responsible for resource allocation, providing estimates and daily/weekly/monthly reports as needed by the Executive Leadership
- Responsible for evaluating production issues, bug fixes, change management and release management
- Lead and organize full stack teams to meet commitments to ensure that the that deliver the highest value
- Own the end to end software delivery and timeline, including design, programming, testing, supporting and implementation to meet business and technical requirements
- Collaborate and coordinate with product managers, SRE team, designers, and senior level engineering leaders to define the team’s vision, strategy, and product roadmap
- Establish lean engineering processes that use focus and rapid iteration to build the right product for the right problem
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team to realize professional and business success
- Be a strong collaborator with your fellow engineering managers and leaders, shepherding our tribe-level engineering organization
- Be self driven, motivated and capable to work in a highly dynamic environment with ever changing priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of software development experience, building scalable and high availability enterprise software
- 5+ years of people management experience in multi-disciplinary software engineering teams, including building and retaining robust teams
- Able to step in and code in java some if the project dictates
- 5+ years of experience supporting software application from troubleshooting, analysis, to deliver the fixes for critical applications
- 5+ years of practical experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including international travel
- Experience using monitor tools like, new relic, Splunk, data dog, feel comfortable doing tech analysis as part of troubleshooting
- Experience with SDLC, CI/CD, package management tools
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Demonstrated experience advising the software development function, including process, design, development, delivery and maintenance of software systems and applications
- Reputation of success in delivering enterprise software on time and with high quality
- Ability to manage ambiguity in complex, constantly evolving environments
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas, engineering rationale and technical challenges to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends. Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal and analytical skills
- This position will be required to pass a background check upon hire
So, why Nextiva?
Nextiva is a trailblazer in the Voice over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industries. We’re outpacing our competitors, and it’s an exciting time to join our team. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced tech company with massive potential, Nextiva is the place for you. Our 1,000+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service. We’re passionate about upholding our energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity. Nextiva seeks diverse individuals who share our values and vision to help take us to the next level. Nextiva provides an impressive benefits package and has a resilient company culture. Glassdoor named us one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 nationwide. Employees rate Nextiva a 4.9/5 on Comparably, and we’ve earned many more accolades along the way.
Help us redefine the future of business communications. Apply today!
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nextiva participates in the E-Verify Program where and as required by law. For additional information about E-Verify visit USCIS.