From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
This is a full-time position based out of our Oakland office.
- Work closely with software developers to create software artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports.
- Understand the customer use cases of the product and come up with test scenarios as needed.
- Reproduces, debugs, and isolates problems and verifies fixes.
- Works cross functional areas with internal partner engineering teams in a disciplined agile environment.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creates and maintains automated test cases, executes test suites, reviews and diagnoses reported bugs, and ensures overall system quality prior to a customer release.
- Develop solutions and proposals to lead the automation development strategy and implementation that would help maximize Fivetran product’s quality.
- Support software development test engineers through training, mentoring and problem solving.
- Actively engage with fellow engineers to ensure we are delivering tools that make their lives easier for product development teams.
- Build and share proof of concepts for project proposals and ideas.
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes
- 6+ years of experience in the software industry with passion for quality and automation , preferably in (SDET) Software Development Engineer in Test role.
- Strong knowledge and experience with OOP in Java.
- Experience in building, improving and using test automation frameworks.
- Expertise on developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance / load test.
- Expertise in developing test plans, test cases, and executing tests for the complex features of the product..
- Hands-on experience working with either AWS or GCP.
- Expertise with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration.
- Experience in configuring and monitoring test automation jobs as part of CI/CD pipeline with continuous integration tools like CircleCI/Jenkins.
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis.
- Strong Knowledge of Database Testing, ETL software testing is an added plus.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $1 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.