Encamp is on a mission to create a world where good for business can equal good for the environment
Encamp exists because we believe environmental compliance is harder than it needs to be, and if we make it easier to comply with environmental regulations, companies will both be better stewards of the environment and achieve positive business outcomes with more efficient operations.
As a part of the Encamp team, you’ll get to tackle challenges of scale and complexity as we develop our product at a fast pace and look to create the future of environmental compliance. Encamp is a fully distributed company, committed to letting you work where you live, so you can live where you play. We value diversity and provide our team members opportunities for growth, and are dedicated to creating an environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, and ideas to produce their best work.
Who we're looking for:
We’re looking for curious minds who want to make a big impact, and who don’t mind going fast. We want achievers to help us keep innovating the EHS platform of the 21st Century, and to delight the thousands of EHS specialists who are using our solution across the US today.
As a Sr. Software Engineer in Test for Encamp you will:
Ensure that products delivered by Encamp meet the highest standards of excellence. This will necessitate a close collaboration with Product Management and Engineering while working on new features, as well as maintaining the continuing functionality of Encamp’s web application and software integrations.
- Create and maintain automated tests.
- Ensure quality of new features by collaborating with other members of engineering.
- Develop and execute test plans for Encamp’s software integrations.
- You Bring your Own Education (BYOE). MS in Computer Science? BA in English? College dropout and autodidact? Our only requirement is that you have a desire to learn, grow, and apply what you know.
- You are motivated by a desire for learning and impact in a high-growth environment.
- You wish to deeply understand our business objectives and you prioritize accordingly.
- You are detail oriented.
- You have disciplined time management skills.
- You possess an eagerness to learn.
- You creatively identify process gaps.
- Writing automated tests with Jest (unit testing), Cypress (E2E testing)
- Specific knowledge of our current tools and frameworks: Typescript, React, GraphQL, NodeJS, Relational and non-relational Databases, Git, Github, AWS
- Have created tests for greenfield projects as well as existing code
- Experience at a growth-stage startup
We're definitely looking for you if you have:
- Have experience with End to End testing.
- Worked firsthand with Single Page Web Applications (SPAs).
- Worked on a distributed team.
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment at the intersection of Environmental Compliance and SaaS (Software as a Solution).
- Competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO.
- A work-from-anywhere remote culture along with an annual Remote Work Stipend.
- Parental leave. Because we think it's important to spend time with your new family.
- A significant personal impact on the team and its ways of working because of our strong culture of ownership.
At Encamp, we believe we are better together — all of us, whatever our race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, or physical ability. We strive to create an environment that encourages and celebrates diverse voices, backgrounds, and experiences. A cornerstone of our culture is the ability for Encampers to bring their full, authentic selves to work every day. Encamp is also committed to unbiased hiring practices and achieving minority representation above community averages.
Ready to join us around the Encamp-fire?🏕️
If you’re passionate about teamwork, transparency, accountability, and an appetite for knowledge, we want to talk to you. Come join a team that celebrates technology, diversity, and wants to make a big difference in uncharted territory.
With our goal of equity in mind, we are transparent about the salary range that we’ve researched and budgeted against for this role in our invitation to you for an initial conversation. You can then decide if you'd like to proceed.
If you haven’t heard from us within 10 days of your application and/or you have any questions about your application, please reach out to [email protected]